IP phone systems utilize packet-switched Voice over Internet Protocol or Internet telephony to send your phone calls over the Internet. You do not have to use a phone network to make calls, so there are no long distance charges. Information Technology technicians usually build the systems on standard personal computers and/or embedded hardware which are both cost-effective.
How do IP phone systems work? All you have to do is plug them into the closest local area network port. Then your IP phone registers automatically at the VoIP phone system. It keeps its number and functions the same wherever you connect it. Details about the biggest advantages of having an IP phone system are below.
- It integrates well with other business systems because it is internet-based. You can access your voicemail accounts through email and even obtain voicemail transcription.
- It supports legacy technology such as faxes and you do not need toner, ink or paper because it sends them via email.
- It has a wide range of call features including conference calling, auto-attendant, call transfer, and call hold.
- It scales down or up with ease. You can add a line for a new hire, and when an employee leaves, you can reassign their line.
- It is easy to install and maintain.
A business telephone system provider can offer support for your IP telephony needs. The knowledgeable staff can deliver the phone system that meets your needs and provide installation and maintenance services.