A comprehensive telecommunications infrastructure is the backbone of any successful business. The performance of your information systems and the networks they operate on can mean the difference between success and failure in today’s competitive business environment.
Structured cabling provides the critical foundation you need to enhance customer service, lower costs, and improve the performance of your IT infrastructure.
“Structured cabling systems maximize your investment and increase performance and growth flexibility,” says Mike Canipe of TelWare. “With improved reliability and minimal business disruptions, you can complete projects on time and on budget.”
Components of Structured Cabling
A structured cabling system is a complete set of cabling and connectivity products that integrates voice, data, video and various management systems of a building (such as safety alarms, security access, energy systems, etc.). It includes everything from the data center to the desktop, including cabling, connecting hardware, equipment closets, vertical and horizontal pathways and work area outlets.
One essential component of a structured cabling system is the telecommunications closet. An enclosed space for housing telecommunications equipment, cable terminations and cross-connects, the closet is the cross-connect between vertical and horizontal cabling. These rooms house connectivity products like routers, switches, and hubs; essential hardware that increases the speed and performance of your network.
Benefits of Structured Cabling
Below are some of the benefits of a structured cabling system:
- Higher Return on Investment: Structured cabling lowers network maintenance costs and reduces the frequency in which cabling infrastructure updates need to be performed.
- Network Reliability: The average network crashes 20 times per year, 70% of the time due to inferior cabling. Our structured cabling systems provide a robust network that offers maximum functionality for today’s demanding business needs.
- Network Scalability: Structured cabling provides a resilient infrastructure that efficiently supports the rising storage, retrieval and maintenance of electronic data.
- Fault Isolation: With a structured cabling system the entire network is divided into manageable sections, therefore it becomes much easier to test, isolate and correct specific points in the system, with minimal disturbance to the overall network.
- Easy Troubleshooting: Structured cabling systems allow identification of problems to be quick and easy. In addition the likelihood of the entire network going down is greatly reduced.
Structured Cabling Services
TelWare is one of the largest providers of voice, data and video cabling in the Carolinas. Our team of cabling professionals and technicians provide structured cabling systems with outstanding performance, manageability, reliability and scalability to allow future growth.
Below are some of the structured cabling services TelWare provides:
- Voice, Data and Video Cabling
- Consultation and Design Services
- Project Management
- Fiber Optic Splicing
- Data Center Implementation
- Closet, Rack, and Computer Room Clean-Up
- Intelligent Cabling Management Software
- Wireless Design and Implementation