VMware is a cloud computing and virtualization software provider for computers that are x86 compatible. VM stands for virtual machine, and putting multiple VMs on a single computer enables several operating systems and applications to run on just one host. The product categories are desktop and server apps. Details about how you can use the 3 types of desktop software are below:
- You can use the VMware Workstation to install and run multiple copies of the same or different operating systems on a single computer.
- The VMware Fusion is for Mac computers and provides extra compatibility with other VMware apps and products.
- VMware Player is freeware for you if you do not have licensed VMware products. It is for personal use.
The main reason you should adopt virtualization is to improve your server utilization. It allows you to optimize your limited resources and protect your information technology infrastructure. The vSphere is a good option because it enables you to do the following:
- Provide a foundation for an automated disaster recovery solution.
- Guarantee business continuity with automatic detection and recovery from server failures.
- Improve app quality by provisioning development or test environments.
- Maintain app service levels by using prioritization based on policy.
- Save on operating costs and server hardware.
Virtualization utilizes software to simulate hardware and create a virtual computer system. Doing this lets your business run more than one virtual system as well as multiple operating systems and apps on a single server.
For information about how VMware can help your organization, simply contact TelWare at 1-800-637-3148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TelWare is a national leader in the installation of voice, video, data and unified communication solutions. TelWare is an Authorized Avaya, Star2Star and SimpleWAN Dealer.